How It Works
Everence is a way to carry the unique elements of those you love the most (e.g., people, pets) with you always.
Our patented process turns a DNA sample, hair or ashes from your loved one into Everence which can be added to a custom piece of jewelry or to any new or existing tattoo in a way which lasts forever.
The name 'Everence' combines the sentiments of 'Forever' + 'Reverence' just like the product itself
Everence was developed by world-renowned scientists in the fields of biocompatibility and microencapsulation from Brown University and Duke University.
Our interdisciplinary team of renowned scientists, tattoo artists, retired U.S. Navy SEALs and entrepreneurs have been working to launch Everence for the past four years. We’re thrilled it’s finally a reality and we’re able to share it with you.
- Order: Place your order online at everence.life to start your journey. You will receive your collection kit within 3-4 business days.
- Source Collection: Once you receive your collection kit, follow the instructions (whether it is a DNA cheek swab, or hair/ash collection kit) to collect your source and send the kit back to us in the resealable mailer using the prepaid shipping label. We will receive it back in 3-4 business days.
- Everence Creation: Every order, whether for jewelry or tattoos, is made by hand by our expert team of technicians and scientists in Providence, RI. The production process takes 14 business days.
- Your Everence Arrives: Your custom-made, handcrafted Everence bracelet or ring will arrive ready to wear in 3 weeks from the date of your order. Everence for Tattoos arrives in 4 weeks from the date of your order in a small vial that you can take to a tattoo artist of your choosing.** **Times estimated here assume your collection kit is mailed back to us the day after you receive it. Any delay in returning the kit to us will simply push the final date of delivery for your Everence product accordingly.
You can buy Everence online at everence.life. We are looking into additional retail partnerships as well, so make sure to sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear of any updates.
Our production facilities are located right here in the U.S.
We have applied established quality standards to the facility where Everence is made, tailored to the unique aspects of the product. The facility‘s quality system is ISO-Certified (ISO 9001 and ISO 22716 for Cosmetics), and we follow GMPs for cosmetics. Click here to view our ISO certificates.
The material used to make Everence for Tattoos is a medical-grade polymer that has been among the most widely used polymers in medicine throughout the world over the past 80 years.
- Nothing is more important to Everence than the safety of our customers. For starters, using Everence does not change the safety of a tattoo.
- Additionally, not only is Everence fully compliant with the U.S. requirements for the safety and quality of cosmetics, we also likely exceed those requirements because we manufacture Everence in an ISO certified (ISO 9001 and ISO 22716 for Cosmetics), GMP compliant laboratory located in Rhode Island, U.S.A. In other words, we manufacture under the strictest requirements for quality control standards anywhere in the world.
Your order will come in a safety sealed container with 300 mg of your Everence.
No, Everence does not require storage in any specific temperature conditions.
Everence does not have an expiration date. As long as the safety seal on the vial is intact, your Everence can be combined with tattoo ink to apply an Everence tattoo at any time.
Everence is designed and produced to last as long as you have your tattoo. The materials that we use to make Everence are non-erodible, which means Everence will remain in place and not deteriorate over time in the body.
The FDA has confirmed that Everence is classified as a cosmetic and by law, the FDA does not approve cosmetics. While Everence is not eligible for FDA approval, the FDA has been presented with all of the required information about Everence, including summary ingredients, material specifications and safety testing, and methods of production.
Everence should be considered permanent. The only form of removal that has been tested at this time is outpatient surgical extraction.
We have a team of people standing by to answer whatever’s on your mind! Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick, personal response. We love to answer questions about Everence.
Everence can be created from a DNA sample from a cheek swab, hair, or ashes (cremated remains). (Everence can also be created from sand, soil, rock, grass, or flower.)
We require approximately one tablespoon of source material (or fill the sample collection container halfway full) to create your Everence.
Absolutely! We can create Everence from your pet’s saliva. All you need to do is follow the instructions included with your DNA collection kit and swab the inside of its cheek. Hopefully you can get it to cooperate!
At present, DNA sources can only be collected from a living person, but we can create Everence from cremated remains or hair from a deceased person.
Once we receive your DNA collection kit, we process the source you sent in, and extract short strands of DNA. We then amplify and purify that DNA and microencapsulate (enclose) it in a medical-grade polymer material via our patented process which protects it from being destroyed by the body, and ensures it will stay within your tattoo.
No. In addition to being fully enclosed in a medical-grade material, our patented process does not allow any mechanism for the DNA in Everence to alter the genetic makeup of the surrounding tissue.
To create your Everence, we gather as little personal data as is necessary, and retain it for a minimal amount of time to accurately create your Everence and deliver it to you.
No personal information is associated with the source during the manufacturing process.Each source is assigned a unique, random, identifier barcode prior to entering production.
We strive to meet the highest industry standards for both customer privacy and data security, and we only partner with organizations (such as payment processing providers) that have an established track record of doing the same.
We dispose of any remaining DNA from the collection kit after we fulfill your order.
Unfortunately, we do not offer bio banking at the moment, but are looking into it for the future. Right now, the only option is to send in a collection kit to create Everence for immediate use.
Collection kits are intended for individual source collection; multiple DNA, hair or ashes sources cannot be added into the same collection kit.
- There are several big differences between the two processes. Using Everence containing cremated ash is a far better alternative from both a customer safety and tattoo artist protection perspective.
- Adding unprocessed ash directly to tattoo ink is more of a temporary gesture that usually will not last inside your tattoo for more than a few weeks. Since the ash is not protected and contains a wide range of particle sizes, it is usually either rejected, absorbed or destroyed by the body and does not remain in the tattoo forever. Creating Everence from cremated ash using our patented process microencapsulates the ash with a medical-grade polymer, allowing it to remain in the body and localized in your tattoo forever.
- Unprocessed cremated remains also contain a wide range of particle sizes and shapes and are not purified, which means they could contain harmful microorganisms. As a result, the body is more likely to have an adverse reaction to this type of unprocessed ash when applied in a tattoo. When we create your Everence the cremated ash is purified and contains only particle sizes that are optimal for inclusion in your tattoo.
- Additionally, many tattoo artists are hesitant to add unprocessed ash into tattoos. But with Everence, every artist who applies Everence is protected by our product liability insurance policy, which means they can apply your loved one’s cremated ash with complete confidence.
- From the collected cheek swab sample you send, our lab extracts and embeds a short strand of DNA into crystal particles so that it can be seen with the naked eye.
- We enclose the DNA crystals in aerospace resin in a color of your choosing, which preserves them.
- The resin is hand-cast in a sterling silver bead which is then surrounded by semi-precious stones and finished with a sterling silver closure to create the Everence bracelet.
Getting a Tattoo
Yes, you can take your Everence to any artist of your choice. Everence is easy to use and does not require any special training. If you would like a list of tattoo artists who are already familiar with Everence, please refer to our Artist Recommendations page or email us at email@example.com.
It’s easy. Your tattoo artist simply adds your Everence to a cap of ink and then stirs with a needle or runs the tattoo machine inside the ink/Everence mixture until the Everence is no longer visible in the ink (approximately 10-15 seconds).
Yes. Once the Everence is mixed with the ink, it is applied exactly the same way and with the same ease as the ink in a conventional tattoo.
You can do both. You can apply your Everence to a new tattoo, or use it to top up an existing tattoo.
Everence is a single-use product, so once the safety seal on the vial is broken, your Everence should be added to a tattoo at that time.
Yes. Everence is designed and produced to be applied to the body with either tattoo ink or a carrier solution by itself (i.e., to be invisible).
Not at all. Everence is completely colorless once applied to the body and can even be applied to the skin without ink and remain invisible (via a carrier solution).
Although it is not possible to guarantee exactly how every person’s body will heal, Everence has been specifically designed and produced not to affect the application or healing process of your tattoo.
We recommended that you consult with your doctor before applying Everence in either of these instances.
If your tattoo artist would like more information about Everence in general or how to use Everence to apply your tattoo, please have them email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer any questions and connect them to one of the many other artists who have used Everence.
Any tattoo artist can apply Everence; it does not require special training. However, if you email us at email@example.com and let us know where you live, we can send you a list of tattoo artists closest to you who have previously worked with Everence.
We’ve got you covered. We stand behind Everence and the artists who use it. We will add any tattoo artist who completes our insurance signup form to our insurance policy as an additional insured. By doing so, tattoo artists can limit their risk and apply Everence with complete confidence. The signup form can be found at everence.life/pages/insurance-indemnification. That’s how much we believe in our product, and respect the artists who use it.
We’d love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can answer any questions you may have. We are also in the process of creating a Tattoo Artistry Program, so let us know if you’re interested to join.
We currently ship everywhere in world.
Here’s how it works: You place an order online, we process it, and then within seven days you receive your collection kit to start your Everence journey. You’ll get a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number as soon as your collection package ships. Once you ship your collection kit back to us and we receive it at our lab, it takes up to 45 days to create your Everence. You’ll get a shipping notification email with a tracking number as soon as your Everence is on the way to you.
Your Everence DNA collection kit will arrive within seven business days of placing your order. For express shipping, please contact us at email@example.com.
You will receive your Everence within 45 days of our receipt of your completed DNA, Hair or Ashes collection kit.
Some carriers take 1-2 business days to register the status of your shipment. If your tracking number isn’t working, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can look into it for you.
We’re here to help. To update your delivery address, please email us at email@example.com and use the subject line CHANGE DELIVERY ADDRESS.
You can return the unopened Everence DNA collection kit for free within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked. Once your Everence is created, it is unfortunately no longer refundable.
Your credit card will be charged as soon as your order is received and processed in our system.
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, as well as PayPal, AmazonPay, and Apple Pay. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept checks or money orders.
Sales tax will be applied to your order in the following states: New York, Rhode Island, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
Our payment processing uses TLS 1.2L encryption that is secured. Everence does not have direct access to your card and does not store any credit card information. Your information is securely contained within our payment processing system.
All it takes is a simple cheek swab! Follow the instructions on the DNA collection kit for cheek swabbing and return your source to us using the pre-paid shipping label and resealable mailer.
Follow the instructions on the Hair & Ash collection kit and return your source to us using the pre-paid shipping label and resealable mailer.